Pregaming: Spurs vs. Suns
Early start on Sunday morning, so some short notes before tip-off.
- Because of the noon start, it looks like the team’s pregame shootaround time was squeezed. DeJuan Blair, Tiago Splitter and Tim Duncan all came out at the same time. Normally, Duncan comes out 10 or 15 minutes after Blair and Splitter start.
- Tiago seemed to be the odd man out of the three big men when it came to getting some pregame work done. That could be an indication of how many minutes Pop ends up giving Splitter against Phoenix.
- Blair put in some work on a right-handed jump hook before the game. Blair showed decent form, but as short as he is, he’ll need to get a lot more elevation or it’ll get blocked 90% of the time.
- Everybody’s time warming up seemed shortened as a result of the early start. Tony came out and had to sit around on the scorer’s table and wait for his time to start. Keep an eye on how that affects the Spurs’ start to the game. If they start out sluggish or cold, it could be because of the limited pregame work.
- Coach Pop said the tweak of the ankle that Duncan suffered late in the game on Friday night against the Rockets will have no effect on the Spurs big man.
- No Steve Nash for the Suns on Sunday. Nash has the dreaded “flu-like symptoms.”
- Danny Green, after being sent down to the Austin Toros on Saturday, was recalled by the Spurs on Sunday morning. Shortest D-League assignment ever?